Galien Africa considers that privacy on Internet is very important. This page presents the rules applied by Galien Africa on the collection and the dissemination of personal information provided by the visitors of the Organization’s website. The data contained on this site are saved by computerized file by Galien Africa.
The purpose of the data collection is to analyze the trends and the use of the site to improve its usability.
The collection, the use, the storage, the transmission, the protection will be done in accordance with the provisions of Law n° 2008 – 12 of January 25, 2008 on the Protection of personal data.
The only information collected during a general browsing of the site is that intended for the server log: IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and other information such as the site from which you logged in, the files you download, the pages visited, and the dates and times of those visits.
Collection, use, storage and transmission of personal data
Collection, recording, processing, storage and transmission of personal data must be lawful, fair and not fraudulent.
Data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and may not be further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes.
Data must be kept for a duration that does not exceed the period necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed. Beyond this required period, data may only be stored with a view to responding specifically to processing for historical, statistical or research purposes in accordance with legal provisions (Article 34, law no. ° 2008-12)
Data collected must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. Every reasonable measure should be taken to ensure that data which are inaccurate or incomplete, with regard to the purposes for which they were collected and subsequently processed, are erased or rectified (Article 36).
Collection methods: direct and indirect
When personal data are collected directly from the data subject, the controller must provide the latter, at the latest, during the collection and regardless of the means and media used, with the following information:
- the identity of the controller and, where applicable, of his/her representative;
- the specific purpose(s) of the processing for which the data are intended
- the categories of data concerned;
- the recipient or recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data may be disclosed;
- whether replies to the questions are obligatory or voluntary, and the possible consequences of failure to answer;
- the possibility of requesting not to appear on the file;
- the existence of a right of access to data concerning him/her and of rectification of such data
- how long the data will be kept;
- where applicable, the planned transfer of personal data to foreign countries.
Where personal data is not collected from the data subject, the information referred to in Article 58 of this Law shall be transmitted to the data subject at the time the data is recorded or, if disclosure is provided for, no later than at the time of the first disclosure.
The data controller is required to take all necessary precautions with regard to the nature of the data and, in particular, to prevent them from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorized third parties. In particular, he/she shall take all measures in order to:
- ensure that, for the use of an automated data processing system, authorized persons may only access personal data within their competence;
- guarantee that the identity of third parties to whom personal data may be transmitted can be verified and established;
- ensure that the identity of the people who have had access to the information system and what data have been read or entered into the system, at what time and by whom, can be verified and established a posteriori;
- prevent any unauthorized person from accessing the premises and equipment used for data processing;
- prevent data carriers from being read, copied, modified, destroyed or moved by an unauthorized person;
- prevent the unauthorized entry of any data into the information system as well as any unauthorized access, modification or deletion of recorded data;
- prevent the use of data processing systems by unauthorized people by means of data transmission facilities;
- prevent the unauthorized reading, copying, modification or deletion of data during the communication of data and the transport of data carriers;
- safeguard data by making back-up copies;
- refresh and if necessary, convert the data for permanent storage. (Article 71 Law No. 2008-12)
The rights you have over your data
If you have an account or have left comments on the site, you may request to receive a file containing all the personal data we hold about you, including that which you have provided to us. You may also request the deletion of your personal data. This does not include data stored for administrative, legal or security purposes.
For any complaints, the Personal Data Commission can be contacted in accordance with Article 16 of Law No. 2008-12.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
When you leave a comment on our site, the data entered in the comment form but also your IP address and your browser’s user agent are collected to help us detect unwanted comments.
If you leave a comment on our site, you will be asked to save your name, email address, and site in cookies. This is only for your convenience so that you do not have to enter this information if you leave another comment later. These cookies expire after one year.
If you go to the login page, a temporary cookie will be created to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain any personal data and will be deleted automatically when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to record your login information and screen preferences. The lifetime of a login cookie is two days, and the lifetime of a screen preference cookie is one year. If you check “Remember me”, your login cookie will be retained for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookie will be deleted.
By editing or publishing a post, an additional cookie will be stored in your browser. This cookie does not include any personal data. It simply indicates the ID of the publication you just edited. It expires after one day.
Content embedded from other sites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles…). Embedded content from other sites behaves in the same way as if the visitor were to that other site.
If you upload images to the site, we recommend that you avoid uploading images that contain EXIF data of GPS coordinates. People visiting your site can download and extract location data from these images.
We may occasionally update this policy by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by e-mail or through our website’s private messaging service.