Call for Application
It aims to reward researchers, institutions and pharmaceutical industries from the public or private sector that have successfully developed initiatives, services, pharmaceutical, biotechnological, phytotherapy, diagnostic products, medical devices and digital solutions recently introduced on the African market. The “Prix Galien Africa” rewards pharmaceutical and phytotherapy sciences that improve the human condition, mainly on the basis of two criteria:
- Innovation and/or discovery
- Impact on the African continent.
In applying for one of the prizes below, the applicant agrees with the provisions of the “Prix Galien Africa” Charter, which is available and can be downloaded from the website: http://prixgalienafrique.com/.
The prize categories to be awarded are:
- the best pharmaceutical product,
- the best traditherapy product,
- the best biotechnology product,
- the best medical technology or digital solution (medical device, diagnostic, e-health, telemedicine, patient records, etc.)
Each prize is granted with a 20,000,000 FCFA (Twenty Million Cfa Francs) grant, or about 30,000 USD (Thirty Thousand US Dollars).
Profile required for applicants
The “Prix Galien Africa” is opened to researchers, institutions and pharmaceutical industries from the public or private sector, having developed pharmaceutical, biotechnological, phytotherapy, diagnostic products, medical devices and digital solutions, marketed in the
African countries and having obtained the marketing authorization (MA), delivered by at least one African pharmaceutical regulatory authority.
Pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, phytotherapy, diagnostics, medical devices and digital solutions must be based on innovative science, or developed through synthetic chemistry or molecular biology or made naturally with plants according to specific criteria, specifications, tested in controlled clinical trials and marketed by ethical pharmaceutical companies.
The product or device initial marketing authorization (MA) must be valid for a maximum of five years as of December 31 of the competition year.
Attachments to the application form
- Letter of application (maximum one page)
- CV (maximum two pages) and legalized copy of diplomas for individual applications
- Summary of the institution description for institutional applications (maximum one page)
- Full description of the product or device and its impact on the African continent (maximum two pages)
- Marketing authorization for the product or device
Opening date for applications : Thursday March 31, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (GMT)
Closing date : Sunday July 31, 2022 at 23:59 p.m. (GMT)
Applications can only be submitted electronically using the form available at the following web address: www.prixgalienafrique.com
Any questions can be sent by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Professeur Awa Marie COLL SECK
Minister of State to the President of the Republic of Senegal,
President of the Scientific Committee of the Galien Forum Africa